70. Plumbing fixtures that are used for washing or bathing must not be used to receive the discharge of ___________ piping.
A. indirect waste
C. drinking fountain
D. none of the above
71. What is the required flow rate, in gallons per minute, at point of outlet discharge for a water supply outlet providing water to a sillcock, hose bibb.
72. What is the water supply fixture unit value for a dishwasher for combined hot and cold water branches.
73. The centerline of water closets or bidets must not be less than _____ inches from adjacent walls or partitions or not less than _____ inches from its center to any side wall, partition or vanity or closer than _____ inches center-to-center between adjacent fixtures.
A. 15, 30
B. 15, 15
C. 21, 15
D. 30, 15
74. All water service pipes, water distribution pipes and the necessary connecting pipes, fittings, control valves, faucets and all appurtenances used to dispense water intended for human ingestion must be evaluated and listed as conforming to the requirements of _______________.
A. NSF 14
B. NISF 61 section 3.5
C. NAPI 12
D. NSF 61
75. The water distribution and drainage system of any building or premises where plumbing fixtures are installed must be connected to a public water supply or sewer system, respectively, _______________.
A. if no private system is available
B. if the owner want public utilities
C. unless the property already has an approved well and septic system
D. if available
76. All open vent pipes which extend through a roof where the roof is to be used for assembly, as a promenade, observation deck or sunbathing deck or for similar purposes, the vent extensions must be run at least _____ feet above the roof.
77. In a lawn irrigation system, a valve must not be installed __________________ from an atmospheric vacuum breaker.
C. neither up stream nor downstream
D. all of the above
78. Horizontal vent pipes forming branch vents must be at least _____ inches above the flood level rim of the highest fixture served.
79. Backfill must be free from rocks, broken concrete and frozen chunks until the pipe is covered by at least _____ inches of tamped earth.
80. What is the maximum permitted water consumption for a water closet.
A. 1 gallon per flushing cycle
B. 1.6 gallons per flushing cycle
C. 2 gallons per flushing cycle
D. 2.2 gallons per flushing cycle
81. An open vent terminal from a drainage system can not be within ______ feet horizontally of any door, openable window, or other air intake opening of the building or of an adjacent building unless it is at least ______ feet above the top of such opening.
A. 10, 3
B. 2, 10
C. 10, 5
D. 5, 10
82. Where shower floors and receptors are made water tight by the application of materials required by Section P2709.2, the completed liner installation must be tested. The pipe from the shower drain must be plugged water tight for the test. The floor and receptor area must be filled with 2009 INTERNATIONAL RESIDENTIAL CODEŽ 589 potable water to a depth of not less than _________ measured at the threshold. Where a threshold of at least _________ high does not exist, a temporary threshold must be constructed to retain the test water in the lined floor or receptor area to a level not less than ________ deep measured at the threshold.
A. 1 inch (25.4 mm), 1 inch (25.4 mm), 1 inch (25.4 mm)
B. 1.5 inches (38 mm), 1.5 inches (38 mm),1.5 inches (38 mm),
C. 2 inches (51 mm), 2 inches (51 mm), 2 inches (51 mm)
D. 4 inches (102 mm), 4 inches (102 mm), 4 inches (102 mm),
83. Fold-down seats must be permitted in the shower, provided the required _________ square-inch dimension is maintained when the seat is in the ___________________.
A. 936, folded-up position
B. 1236, folded-down position
C. 900, folded-down position
D. 900, folded-up position
84. Which of the following types of joints and connections are prohibited in DWV system pipes.
A. Cement or concrete
B. Mastic or hot-pour bituminous joints
C. Joints between different diameter pipes made with elastomeric rolling O-rings
D. Solvent-cement joints between different types of plastic pipe
E. all of the above
85. Where the water pressure supplied by the public water main or an individual water supply system, the maximum allowable static pressure at the building entrance is ______ psi.